Scots champ McCallum added to Limond undercard

Heading the undercard is current Scottish middleweight champion Gary McCallum, who will make the first defence of the title he lifted in March this year.
With a professional record of nine wins, McCallum picked up his lastest win with a 98-93 points win over the durable Paul Allison and now will defend his title against Wishaw’s Ryan Scott on the June 7th card.
The bill will also feature Darren McAdam, George Thomson, Jordon McCorry and Craig Kelly in action. Former Commonwealth title challenger Eddie Doyle also returns to action.
While delighted with acquiring a title, the fighter from Castlemilk area of Glasgow admits he didn’t have it all his own way in his fight with Allison.
“It did take me a few rounds to find my range. Paul is a game fighter, and always comes forward. I lost a few rounds as he was catching me, but after viewing the fight I can see were I can make the improvements, and I hope I can bring those into my title defence.
“I would love to fight for more titles down the line, but I am in no rush. I learnt a lot from my last fight and I look forward to having more of them as I want to develop myself so I can reach my full potential. I will have the right experience if the big title fights come my way. My trainer Willie Downie has kept me ticking over recently and for the Scott fight we have had a good training camp with lots of hill runs and hard sparring.
“I’ve also been working on my strength and conditioning with coach Graeme Downie who will ensure I will be in great shape come June 7th.” (Source)

Sports Schedule