Price plans to sleep his way to the top



David Price will be in bed fast asleep shortly before his make or break rematch against Tony Thompson.
The Scouse heavyweight was shocked two rounds by the American southpaw in February, but goes for revenge at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on July 6.
Price, 29, has spent three weeks working under former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis in Canada. And the laid back fighting great reckons Price would be more relaxed if he went to bed after he arrived at the venue.   British and Commonwealth champion Price, who stands 6ft 9in tall, has now ordered promoter Frank Maloney to deliver a king sized bed to his dressing room.
Price said: “I will have to get a king size bed but I will certainly have one there after listening to Lennox telling me what he used to do.
“He always had a bed in his dressing room and had something like two hours’ sleep before the fight after getting to the arena early.
“He said that helped him get rid of all the pre-fight tension because he would switch off, go to sleep, and then wake up.
“It’s a good idea and something I will certainly be trying. Look – if someone like Lennox Lewis benefitted from that approach, it can’t do me any harm, can it?”
Lewis will fly into Britain two weeks before his 12 round non-title clash against two time world title challenger Thompson.
Price added: “We always work hard before every fight, but working with Lennox took me to a whole new level of training.
“We got to see what he used to do when he was at the top of his game and it was an eye opener. There would be three people watching me punch a bag and as soon as I made a mistake they were on me. It was a refreshing change and a lot of the training completely different. It was also good to sit down and talk to Lennox about the obstacles he had to overcome.
“He showed me so many different things that I wouldn’t be able to use them all in this one fight.”
On the same bill British light-welterweight champion Darren Hamilton, will be making his second defence of his title against Adil Anwar. (Source)

Sports Schedule